Search:
Type the text to search here and press Enter.
Separate search terms by a space; they will all be searched individually in all fields of the database.

Click on Search: to go to the advanced search page.

N Scale - Arnold Hornby - HN2297 - Engine, Diesel, Class 130 - Deutsche Reichsbahn (East Germany) - 130 042

Please help support TroveStar. Why?

Stock Number HN2297
Original Retail Price 169.90€
Brand Arnold Hornby
Manufacturer Arnold Hornby
Body Style Arnold Hornby Diesel Engine Class 130
Prototype Engine, Diesel, Class 130
Road or Company Name Deutsche Reichsbahn (East Germany) (Details)
Road or Reporting Number 130 042
Paint Color(s) Red, White and Black
Print Color(s) White
Coupler Type Rapido Hook
Wheel Type Chemically Blackened Metal
Wheel Profile Small Flange (Low Profile)
DCC Readiness Ready
Release Date 2017-03-01
Item Category Locomotives
Model Type Diesel
Model Subtype ORLW
Model Variety Class 130



Model Information: Front/rear lights: white and red, directional. Close coupler mechanism. Flywheel(s). Length over buffers (mm): 129 .

DCC Information: System: DC / DC/DCC (Digital) with Sound. Digital decoder plug: NEM 662 (Next 18)

Prototype Description: Class 130 is a family of related diesel engines that were produced in the Soviet Union in the 1970s for use in East Germany. They were well enough made that after the reunification of Germany they were kept in use by the newly formed Deustche Bahn for freight services. Over the years they have been upgraded and rebuilt several times creating a series of related classes included the 130 (DB 230), 131 (DB 231), 132 (DB 232), 142 (DB 242) as well as DB 233, DB 234 and DB 241. They were produced in the city of Luhansk, which is now part of modern day Ukraine.

Road Name History:
From 1949, the new governments assumed authority for railway operations. The DRG's (or DR's) successors were named Deutsche Bundesbahn (DB, German Federal Railways) in West Germany, and Deutsche Reichsbahn (DR, German State Railways) in East Germany kept the old name to hold tracking rights in western Berlin.

Unlike the DRG, which was a corporation, both the DB and the DR were federal state institutions, directly controlled by their respective transportation ministries. Railway service between East and West was restricted; there were around five well-controlled and secure checkpoints between West and East Germany, and about the same number between East Germany and West Berlin. Four transit routes existed between West Germany and West Berlin; citizens of West Berlin and West Germany were able to use these without too much harassment by the East German authorities.

The DB started in 1968 with changing the locomotive and passenger car serial numbers to the UIC norm. In 1970 the DR followed. The DB started experimenting with the Intercity trains in a new livery (bright orange).

From Wikipedia

Brand/Importer Information:
Founded in 1906 by Karl Arnold in Nürnberg, K. Arnold & Co. began its life producing tin toys and related items. They produced an extensive line of model ships, doll house items and other toys. In 1935, K. Arnold & Co. hired Max Ernst as their managing director. Ernst, not to be confused with the German realist artist of the same name, was a significant factor in the future of Arnold.

On Max Ernst's 1976 retirement, Arnold employed perhaps 200 to 250 people, using three facilities in the Nuernberg area. The Company continued under family control until 1995, when Arnold went into bankruptcy and was sold to Rivarossi of Italy. Rivarossi, in turn, also went bankrupt, leading to the sale of all assets to Hornby of the United Kingdom. Production is carried out in China.

From Wikipedia

Item created by: CNW400 on 2020-07-16 11:36:14

If you see errors or missing data in this entry, please feel free to log in and edit it. Anyone with a Gmail account can log in instantly.