Model Information: These Fox Valley models feature crisp print detail, sharp lettering, Micro-Train couplers and photo-etched walkways.
Prototype History: It was the mid 1970s, and the incentive per diem box car boom was just beginning. New, brightly painted box cars seemed to appear overnight. Many were lettered for various short lines. FMC (Food Machinery Corporation) was a significant builder of many of these cars. The 50’ outside post, non-terminating end box car, became the foundation for new per diem cars built in the 1970s. The 50’ FMC cars also varied in door configuration and style to better suit each customer. These cars can still be seen today at work (2017) on many ralroads.
The main difference between the 5077 cu. ft cars built by FMC vs the 5277-5347 cu. ft cars built by the same manufacturers is the overall height of the car, the smaller 5077 cars were Plate B while the larger 5277-5347 cars were Plate C.
The main difference between the 5077 cu. ft cars built by FMC vs the 5277-5347 cu. ft cars built by the same manufacturers is the overall height of the car, the smaller 5077 cars were Plate B while the larger 5277-5347 cars were Plate C.
Road Name History:
This line was built in 1872 to link Hammondsport to connections with the Erie and Delaware Lackawanna & Western in Bath, New York 9 miles away. Originally built as a 3’ gauge line, it was standard gauged in 1889. From 1903 until 1935 the B&H was controlled by the Erie but Erie applied to abandon it after the B&H suffered severe flood damage. A local group of investors stepped in, repaired the line and restored service. Freight traffic was primarily centered around the winery business and the B&H quickly picked up the nickname "The Champagne Trail." In-bound traffic included bottles and California wines for blending (in later decades, the latter was shipped by the tank car load!) Outbound traffic was primarily bottled wine. B&H also had a pair of TOFC ramps in Hammondsport. In 1976, Conrail spun off the connecting line at Bath to the County of Steuban and B&H became the designated operator. In 1996, the Livonia Avon & Lakeville took over the County owned route and the B&H. In 2001, they merged them with their Conhocton Valley Railroad subsidiary and renamed the whole thing B&H Rail. Today's B&H runs from Wayland to Painted Post, New York while the original line from Bath to Hammondsport is inactive.

Brand/Importer Information: Fox Valley Models is a small supplier of
model railroad and related products. FVM
started by finding solutions to different
challenges that model railroaders were
faced with. Our first products resulted
from a need to equip custom built
passenger cars with tinted windows made
of an ideal material; thin, flexible, easy to
cut, simple to install, available in multiple
colors and be affordable. We met those
needs and even included a frosted
version for the car's lavatory windows.
Other challenges inspired additional products including wooden grade crossings, trestles and different lineside structures. As our product line expands, input and requests from friends and customers help shape the product selection further.
Future products, under development, include more parts, structures, details and rolling stock. We strive to offer a good quality product at an affordable price.
Other challenges inspired additional products including wooden grade crossings, trestles and different lineside structures. As our product line expands, input and requests from friends and customers help shape the product selection further.
Future products, under development, include more parts, structures, details and rolling stock. We strive to offer a good quality product at an affordable price.
Item created by: gdm on 2017-06-19 11:55:19
If you see errors or missing data in this entry, please feel free to log in and edit it. Anyone with a Gmail account can log in instantly.
If you see errors or missing data in this entry, please feel free to log in and edit it. Anyone with a Gmail account can log in instantly.