People who viewed this item also viewed: 26059, 104751, 116805, 127782, 26456
- War Returns to Europe: Yugoslavia 1991 by Javier Romero
- The Battle of Fort Stevens by Stefen Styrsky
- No Quarter Given or Taken: Culloden 19 August 1745 by Arnold Blumberg
- Into the East: Julian's Persian Campaign of 363 by Ryan Klopp
- (FYI) Fauconberg's Attack on London by William E. Welsh
- (FYI) The Saga of Captain Molly by Blaine Taylor
- (FYI) Pale Rider of Gettysburg by Kelly Bell
Description: From the Rules: War Returns to Europe: Yugoslavia 1991 (WRTE) is a simulation of the first engagements of the Yugoslav Wars of 1991-2001. Game play begins in June 1991 when Slovenia and Croatia proclaimed independence from the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, and ends in early 1992.
There are two players in WRTE. The Federalist player and the Separatist player. The Federalist player assumes the role of the commander of the People’s Army of Yugoslavia (JNA), the only Federal institution still working in Yugoslavia in the early 1990s (the Federalist player must fight low morale, politicos, and the Separatists to keep Yugoslavia united, or at least to retain the largest possible tract of Serb-inhabited territory). The Separatist player represents the governments of the breakaway republics of Slovenia and Croatia fighting for independence and a free market economy.
The Federalist player controls the JNA, Krajina Serb militias, and the Serbian paramilitary forces, whereas the Separatist player controls the Slovene and Croatian military and police units.
Components: One 22" x 34" map & 228 counters
Item created by: gdm on 2017-01-09 07:12:34
If you see errors or missing data in this entry, please feel free to log in and edit it. Anyone with a Gmail account can log in instantly.