People who viewed this item also viewed: 26834, 32613, 26205, 133700, 26123
- The Rommel Factor: The War in North Africa 1940-1943 by Christopher Perello
- Bannockburn: Robert Bruce Victorious by Carl Otis Schuster
- 300 Issues of Strategy & Tactics by Joseph Miranda & Kyle Lockwood
- Strategy & Tactics Index by Jeff Buending
- FYI: The German Motorized Company in Ethiopia, 1940-1941 by Javier ROmero
- FYI: Medieval Ship Castles by Arnold Blumberg
- FYI: U-Boat Resupply Operations in Spain, 1939-1944 by Javier Romero
- FYI: Nathaniel Greene’s March to the Dan River, 1781by Adrian N. McGrath
Description: From the Website: Desert Fox Deluxe is a combination of two previously published games covering parts of the North African campaign–Desert Fox and Trail of the Fox–expanded with additional rules, units, and maps to cover the entire war in the North African desert from the Italian invasion of Egypt in 1940 to the final Allied clearance of Africa in 1943. The map scale is 10 miles perhix, turns cover one month each, while units are mostly regiments and brigades, with specialist battalions and a few Italian and Vichy French divisions. The turn sequence is built around a pair of move-fight impulses for each player, with separate phases for events altering the situation (like the frequent Commonwealth campaigns elsewhere in the Middle East), application of air and naval power, and initiative determination. Logistics is the paramount consideration given the vast distances. Fast and furious action alternates with quiet periods as both sides strive to build up forces and supplies.
Item created by: gdm on 2016-07-12 12:21:46. Last edited by gdm on 2018-08-12 23:14:13
If you see errors or missing data in this entry, please feel free to log in and edit it. Anyone with a Gmail account can log in instantly.